Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Dead Body found near the Mojave Forks Dam.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 19, 2011 08:49PM
There was an article in the local paper the Daily Press about a body that was found by a hiker Sunday about a mile and a half southeast of the Mojave Forks Dam spillway. There was a bicycle near the body and authorities said it appeared the rider went off the trail. Sounds like they went over the edge of the PCT where it runs along the very steep canyon wall just a ways up Deep Creek from the dam. A friend of mine just happened to do a 32 mile run up the Deep Creek canyon Sunday on the PCT from the Mojave Forks dam all the way up some distance past Devils Hole and back. He was running with another person and when they got back near the dam in the afternoon he said they saw an ambulance and some other law enforcement officers. From the sounds of it the PCT is in bad shape in places down there. I think I heard that the USFS had previously closed that section of the PCT.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Dead Body found near the Mojave Forks Dam.

Wizard3479April 19, 2011 08:49PM

Re: Dead Body found near the Mojave Forks Dam.

coyote1322April 20, 2011 02:21PM

jobe1250April 21, 2011 11:01AM

Wizard1359April 22, 2011 05:41PM

Gary1980May 23, 2011 03:12PM

Paul P.2581May 23, 2011 04:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login