Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Crescent (12% of Full)

Advanced

Re: December 28

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 29, 2010 12:13PM
I was there yesterday too. I took the Bradford ridge trail also. Drove up the 15,138,173 took the dirt road. I would not take a car on the dirt portion right now lots of little wash outs, It was passable with a truck though. First time on the Ridge trail for me and I think I will take that trail more often. Don't have to pay to park and a it is shorter drive from my house. There was a neat waterfall a few minutes down the trail from the trail head. The trail is very nice except the ridge part (STEEP) but it does not take to long to get back up. I kinda liked the sand at the bottom of all the pools made for a comfortable seat smiling smiley. Every one I met there was cool, that's why I like Deep Creek HS in the winter so much.
There was a guy standing on top of the cliff directly across from the springs watching everyone. It was kinda weird it was pretty chilly out around 4:30pm and he had his pants off. We were on our way out and he saw us and ducked down behind a bush quickly for some reason. We were up at the top of the ridge and the guy was still there and there was a group heading up towards him. He put on his pants real quick.
I don't know what he was doing but it seemed strange to me.

During the time I was there (10:45 - 4:30) I counted around 20 people all day. It was fun watching all the people swimming across Deep Creek even though you could walk on a sand bar witch some guys were doing.

I have a question too. Does anyone know anything about the shooting range near the Bradford Ridge trail? Is it a private shooting range or an open target shooting area?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

December 28

hiker2630December 28, 2010 04:25PM

Paul P.1240December 28, 2010 07:23PM

Madrox1090December 29, 2010 12:13PM

hiker1073December 29, 2010 07:06PM

Madrox1717December 29, 2010 07:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login