Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (93% of Full)

Advanced

Re: What happened to Earthday Clean UP?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 21, 2002 11:15PM
Ron, Great Report! Thanks for taking time out of your DCHS visit to pick up trash. Doing clean up like that is one big way to help make the springs area nicer for everyone and I truly appreciate your efforts :-) If everyone can bring a trash bag and just spend 15 minute or so in scouting around for trash it does wonders in keeping the trash situation in check. Many times people who see you picking up trash will think more carefully about being responsible for thier own trash and many times thank you for helping clean the place. Getting trash on the steep hillsides along the Bowen Trail is a real tuff prospect. That was smart of you Ron to do the clean up on that trail on the way in. So it was another perfect day at OZ, I'm jealous of course. It was a perfect day up here in Northern Cal also with clear blue skys and warm temperatures. My Brother and our two friends spent the day cutting trees and working with a big dozer preparing the house pad on our land. At the end of the day we were tired but accomplished our task and the housepad is now complete. I opened up an area of trees where our back patio will someday sit and it looks across thickly forested hills to Mt. Lassen in the distance with its beautiful snow covered peaks. There are luppins everywhere as well as a great variety of other flowers. Butterflies are plentiful and the ground is the brightest green in all directions with wonderful oaks, ponderosa pines, digger pines, manzanita, madrone and other trees that I can not name. I really love the mixed forest around these foothills North East of Redding. In the fall the changing of the leaves on the deciduous trees is really something to see. The elevation here is about 1800 to 2000 feet which makes it real nice in the summer when it gets real hot down in Redding which sits at an elevation of about 500 feet. Down on HWY 299 which is about 4 miles drive and down in a canyon below us is Cow Creek which provide for a very scenic and refreshing dipping spot on those hot summer days. The water temp in the stream there is perfect for a swim in the warmer months. There is just so many things to do and see up here and I'm looking forward to that time in the future when we will live here and build our new home. Well have our own well and will use solar and wind power with big appliance being propane. Of course I'll have to have a propane heated hot tub. That will be my convenient hotspings :-) Of course when I move here the one thing I will really miss down there is OZ. I have no plans to move in the near future so I still have many years of good times to spend at the springs. I will be seeing some of my good friends down there real soon. Thanks again for the update Ron and glad you had a great day at DCHS :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What happened to Earthday Clean UP?

Ron 1210April 21, 2002 12:30PM

JOBE 614April 21, 2002 01:20PM

Wizard 739April 21, 2002 11:15PM

katrina island 1208April 22, 2002 12:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login