Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

BLM Implements Stage I Fire Restrictions for the California Desert District

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 22, 2009 01:01AM
As a result of rising seasonal temperatures combined with dry vegetation, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) today implemented Stage I fire restrictions for the California Desert District.

"Reducing the wildfire threat to private property and the fragile desert ecosystem is of utmost importance," states Steven Borchard, BLM California Desert District manager. The Stage I restriction applies to all BLM-managed public lands within the California Desert District (CDD).

Stage I restrictions require that all campfires and barbecues be allowed with a permit that can be obtained at all BLM field offices, fire/ranger stations and patrol personnel. Stage I general area of influence includes BLM lands north and east of the Angeles, San Bernardino and Cleveland National Forests.

All BLM-managed lands within Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside and San Diego counties, designated as “State Responsibility Areas” (SRA) shall be in Stage II Fire Restriction. These areas are the more urbanized regions south and west of the National Forests. Stage II level prohibits campfire and barbecues outside developed recreation sites. Controlled flame devices such as portable stoves are allowed by permit.

Any person convicted of knowingly/willfully violating a Fire Prevention Order can be fined up to $1,000, receive up to 12 months in jail, or both. That person is also liable for the cost of damages and suppression of the wildfire.

For more information or to obtain a permit contact the BLM’s California Desert District Office at (951) 697-5220 or local field offices in Barstow (760) 252-6000, El Centro (760) 337-4400, Needles (760) 326-7000, Palm Springs-South Coast (760) 833-7100 or Ridgecrest (760) 384-5400.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BLM Implements Stage I Fire Restrictions for the California Desert District

Rick1810May 22, 2009 01:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login