All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 25, 2008 11:28PM
I was checking out various stories and postings at recordsearchlight.com, which is the main Redding Cal newspaper and the fire I was speaking of in my post above is called the Pine Fire and its up to 2000 acres as of today. I saw a posting ( to one of the news stories ) where a guy said he went up HWY 299 east from Redding to the community of Round Mountain past the Pine Fire area at around 6:40PM this evening ( Wednsday ) and it was burning in places right next to the road. Our properties are on a ridge above 299 ( north side of HWY ) where a dirt rd called Backbone Rd runs for miles. So far my brother with the help of many local residents and fire personel has stopped the Pine Fire from making it west of Backbone Rd in the area of the long driveway to his house. The new fire that flarred up today burning a couple of miles north of his place has no existing rds to block its advance south towards his residence ( don't know if that fire has a name yet ). That is the area where my brother has been working with the D-6 trying to get a fire line in place. He has been going from the sounds of it pretty much non-stop since the Pine Fire started on Sunday. Man he has to be beat, and breathing all that smoke is real hard on the lungs. I've experienced wildland fires firsthand having been a Forestry Firefighter back in the early eighties working out of a station just east of the little town of Burney ( just south of Mt Shasta ).
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watsonville Fire

Rick 1171June 25, 2008 12:39AM

Re: Watsonville Fire

Paul P. 710June 25, 2008 12:34PM

Rick 726June 25, 2008 02:01PM

Wizard 987June 25, 2008 09:18PM

Rick 763June 25, 2008 09:37PM

Wizard 761June 25, 2008 11:28PM

LaughingBear 1376June 27, 2008 09:24AM

Paul P. 1319June 27, 2008 11:31AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login