Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (87% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Deep Creek Volunteers

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 16, 2007 11:31AM
Thanks Greg for sharing all your thoughtful sentiments on this subject. I know how much you appreciate DCHS. I also know that if everyone who visited our special springs, treated the place like you do, we would not be talking about the sad degrading acts that tarnish these beautiful springs, careless deeds that are disappointing to see, like the proliferation of graffiti recently. I understand your interest in wishing to work alone. These days I am generally seeking more quiet, and serene experiences for the times when I can get out and hike, like at Deep Creek, Granite Mountains near our home, or elsewhere. I enjoy seeking out pristine environments, un-reachable by vehicles of any type, places that thus far are un-affected by the encroachment of insensitive and careless type people. I have to expend more energy to get to these places, but its worth it for me :-) When I was down with my family this Sunday to Deep Creek, we came across four motorcycles and a quad that were riding all the way down in the canyon, tearing up the terrain, in the vicinity of the Indian Camp. The whole northern top of the Deep Creek canyon, upstream and downstream from DCHS is seeing increasing damage from illegal ORV activities. I understand what an impossible task it is for law enforcement to address this big problem. Its just such a big area, with too few enforcement people. The Victor Valley up here has grown immensely in the last 20 years, which means more people going to DCHS, and recreating on thier ORV vehicles in the surrounding area. It all adds up to ever increasing pressure, and damage at the springs, on the trails, and in the adjacent lands. I have a great disdain for the idiots who do the graffiti, along the Bowen Ranch trail, at DCHS, and in many other areas around that area. I don't see how these fools could be stopped. Its like a milignant cancer, and I expect it too get worse, along with the other problems. The mix of people who help take care of DCHS has changed over the years, and hopefully they will into the future, compromise enough of a force in whole, to keep things from getting too bad down there. Thanks Greg for what you have done to help DCHS during your visits, and thanks for your considerate comments. I look forward to the next time we run into eachother down there, and if you should ever wish to visit us, just contact me at my e-mail, found by clicking on my name at this forum :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Deep Creek Volunteers

Las Vegas Fireman 1142October 14, 2007 04:46PM

Wizard 661October 15, 2007 09:02AM

Las Vegas Fireman 644October 15, 2007 07:55PM

Paul P. 669October 15, 2007 11:10AM

Wizard 1157October 16, 2007 11:31AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login