Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

DCV Day / 7-29

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 31, 2006 03:40PM
On Saturday, Ron, Ralph and I showed up for the monthly DCV get together. My wife and two daughters came too. We painted both the Forestry signs on DCHS Del Mar with brown paint, making them look much better. We removed the little old pack it out sign, which has been broken for some time. I will go to a local sign shop to get a new one made, hopefully copying the same format and words as was on the old one. Once made, we will then put it back up on the same post. Greg ( Las Vegas Fireman ) was down for the day and helped us out too. Ran across an old DCHS friend ( Jerry ) who I'd seen last about six years ago. It was a very nice day with breezy conditions, a sparse crowd, blue skies, and very pleasant temps. We all carried bags of trash out at the end of the day. Thanks to Jobe for the fine job of cleaning out the Womb in past weeks. I've never seen it so clean before :-) Nice to see the Arizon Pool almost full too, down only about an inch from the top. There was an old deflated raft on the beach across from the Crab Cooker. Since we all had a full load of trash, we hid it for removal next time were down. DCHS is looking beautiful this time of year, and the creek temps were just perfect, not cold at all. Lots of fish swimming around, chubs and catfish, with alot of newly hatched small catfish to be found in places. Much cooler weather than the previous couple of weeks, with clouds coming just a bit over the edge of the San Bernardino mountains, dissapating once hitting the drier desert air. Very cool nights up here in Apple Valley the last couple of nights, not usual for this time of year, but a welcome break from the withering heat of last week. Hopefully those folks that " insist " on doing fires at DCHS, don't get any big fires started, with all the dry flashy fuels like grass on the hillsides. Just so nice to have the clean creek again, and we don't wan't to revist the sooty waters of 2000-2003. Anyway, it was a wonderful time for all of us at DCHS on Saturday :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCV Day / 7-29

Wizard 1463July 31, 2006 03:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login