All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 05, 2006 05:58PM
will use this 'thread' to give trip reports whenever I get to Deep Creek, which I did today, Sunday March 5th.
I left Corona at 8:30 and arrived at the bowen Ranch at 10:00 on the dot. The weather there was 52 degrees. I was concerned about road conditions due to the rains thru the week,but all was well. There were a few 'potholes' and minor 'washouts', but certainky nothing the rental car couldn't handle.
The trail down was in good condition as well. The creek was a little higher this trip, but crossed okay. The best way to get across is, bare down and git'er done. I watched folk as they lamented about what to do, you will get wet and it will be cold....get across as quick and safe as you can.
I was soaking by 10:45.
I met some great folk againthis trip, all differenrt from the last time.I met one chap who made his pilgrimage with his lady after a 15-20 year hiatus. Nice to share that with them. Two other couples made the trek from LaLa land, and was glad to have met them too.
A group of young soakers came in and they were early 20's, it is nice to see the younger folk, but, but please leave the glass bottles in the car! Scares me, I know how clumbsy I am.
All in all, a fantastic day. I was able to hike out with a lady named Janice, I really enjoyed the chin wag with her on the way out. I really hope to cross paths with her again.
Took my trash bag and took my stuff with me and also picked up after a few others.
The temp on the way out at 3:20 was 68.
All in all, a great day, and the traffic on the I15 south wasn't too bad.
My plan is to be there either Saturday or Sunday next, and I will update then.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anyone have a Trip Report?

serenitynow 1152February 19, 2006 10:40AM

Re: Anyone have a Trip Report?

Mr Nude Hiker 759February 19, 2006 08:57PM

nakedhiker 836February 27, 2006 07:42PM

Mr Nude Hiker 796February 27, 2006 08:27PM

Rick 794February 27, 2006 09:08PM

CanadaDan 713March 05, 2006 05:58PM

LaughingBear 714March 07, 2006 05:38PM

mojavegreen 1215March 08, 2006 12:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login