Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (96% of Full)

Advanced

Desert Flowers

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 19, 2005 10:29PM
My family and I went out for a hike today ( 3-19 ) in the local desert to check out some more flowers, lots to see. I put six new photos from our hike at the Wizard's pictures link below, page 47, last 6 pics. It was a breezy cool day, with clouds threatening moisture at times, but we didn't get rained on during our 4 hour afternoon hike, and we even had some wonderful sunshine at times. Our destination today was an area I had hiked by before in a remote area, where there is a spot where the ground has this white frosting of some substance leaching out of the soil. When I went to the middle of this area on my last hike I noticed that the ground was squishy, like there was something very soft underneath. The ground was basically tan colored with the white stuff spread around. I got a rock and dug below the dry surface and found a very slick and slimey reddish brown mud, very smooth in texture. A strange material to see in the area we were hiking and it makes me wonder what the white stuff is, which appears to be leaching out of the goey mud below. I told the Munchkins that there must be a dead Dinosaur under the ground there, or a dead Indian :-) When we returned home from our hike, all our hair fell out, and our skin turned black, so maybe it was a toxic spill after all :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Desert Flowers

Wizard 1586March 19, 2005 10:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login