Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: How have the crowds been at the DC?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 01, 2002 07:46AM
Valencia? Far away? Ok. No more excuses. I've heard them all now. You need to get your naked PhD butt down here and see for yourself. It's no more than a 90-mile drive.

Seriously, depending on a number of factors, including weather, you'll find 3-10+ people visiting the Springs on the weekends and fewer on weekdays. The short days of winter mean the temps hit only in the mid-fifties, but the micro-climate of the Springs and of course the hot water make it seem more tolerable.

This time of year it's not July weather, but the water is just as hot in December as in mid-summer. Good warm weather tends to materialize more visitors, that's all. Not much to explain there. Given the absence of rain, hail, snow (maybe), and other natural 'disasters', any weather that allows you to hike into the Springs is good weather and you should expect to find people there.

Though we haven't seen any Green Tortoise Tour busses lately, personally I don't mind when 10 or 12 college coeds wanna get naked and share the peace pipe and rub shoulders in the tub with me.

Based on my regular attendance at the Springs over the past summer and into the fall/winter, the numbers of people visiting the springs is on the rise, but it hasn't reached critical mass. It's still a very pleasant atmosphere with room for all.

Come on down and enjoy yourself.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How have the crowds been at the DC?

NakedPh.D. 1510December 31, 2001 11:43AM

NakedMan 697January 01, 2002 07:46AM

Paul P. 675January 01, 2002 08:14PM

NakedPh.D. 1033January 02, 2002 08:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login