Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Deep Creek still high as of Sat. 1/15

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 17, 2005 02:47PM
I was able to get out to Deep Creek on Saturday 1/15. Bowen Ranch Road was really rough (as expected) due to the numerous washouts. I used my full sized van and encountered some pretty deep washouts which had to be navigated carefully. A vehicle with a little bit of ground clearance was a must. I know I would have never made it with my car (a front wheel drive Saturn). There are a few steep little lips that you have to drive up and over, a vehicle with low ground clearance will scrape going over some of them. The weather was beautiful and the sun warmed up everything nicely. I brought a shovel with me just in case I was able to get across the creek, I was hoping to clean out some of the sediment from the different pools. Unfortunately when I got to the springs Deep Creek was still running too high to cross safely. I could see that the pools were still intact but I did notice that a lot of sediment had been deposited in them. I stayed around for a little while then decided to hike upstream to see if there would be a way to cross the creek safely. I did not have any luck after hiking for about 30 minutes so I headed uphill and back to Bowen Ranch.
Can someone post a note when the creek gets down to a level that it can be crossed safely?
Thanks.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Deep Creek still high as of Sat. 1/15

lbcalrr 1314January 17, 2005 02:47PM

Re: Deep Creek still high as of Sat. 1/15

Ron 799January 21, 2005 01:20PM

Re: Deep Creek still high as of Sat. 1/15

Paul P. 1357January 21, 2005 04:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login