Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (100% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Playing around with 2009 DCHS satellite image

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 13, 2012 12:22PM
I hiked down to Deep Creek yesterday. It was still cool and breezy after the recent storm that blew through the day before. The trees along the creek are starting to get their fall colors now that the nights are cooling off. Right near where I park, just before I started hiking into the canyon I came across a rattlesnake, and I think it was the type called Southern Pacific. The temp was 50 degrees so I was supprised to even see a rattlesnake in that cold. It was laying out full length, maybe three and a half feet long and I walked around it and took some photos of it. It did not move or rattle probablly because it was cold and therefor probably lethargic. I remember when looking at it that there seemed to be something differant about its eyes but it was cloudy so I could not see the eyes that good since I did not want to get to close. When I got home I looked at my photos close up and where this snakes eyes should be it looked like there were only dark black colored eye sockets. It could be just the angle of the sun creating a dark shadow where they eyes are. I'll do a post about it later when I get some pics of it up at my Flickr site ( Wizard's pictures below ). When I left around sunset I went over to the spot I had seen that rattlesnake and it was gone, so it was alive :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 12:34PM by Wizard.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Playing around with 2009 DCHS satellite image

mohave1606October 13, 2012 01:19AM

Re: Playing around with 2009 DCHS satellite image

Wizard1282October 13, 2012 12:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login