Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Trip Report 9/14

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 15, 2010 01:06PM
Hipockets, Regarding you fishing interest, I think there is a trail that goes from 3N34 where it crosses Willow Creek and follows this creek down to Deep Creek. You could call the USFS Sky Forest Ranger Station to get verification of this. If as you say you want to try fishing Deep Creek from these two creeks junction on upstream on Deep Creek this would ( depending on the trails existance and condition ) be a shorter hike than going into the canyon from the Bowen Ranch area, hiking upstream to Willow Creek, fishing up stream from there, then having to go back the way you came. I think the easiest and best option for your fishing would be to hit Devils Hole, then fish Deep Creek downstream hitting the deeper pools. You would want to have a higher clearance vehicle to access those diret rds. The area between Devils Hole and DCHS is relatively lightly traveled and the pools are deeper supporting larger trout. Good Luck.

Regarding my trips to Burning Man, I've gone nine times now and my wife and kids have never gone. Its not an interest of my wife and children. It is often very dusty at Burning Man which for some people is something they would not want to deal with. Actually the man who created and maintains the DCV website Ralph ( a good friend of mine ) went with me in 2007 for the week. Another close friend came up for 4 days one year. I gave Jobe who post here an extra BM ticket I had one year and he enjoyed the experience very much, he making me a super delicious omelete one morning while there. I always meet good people camped around me when I go and have lots of fun socializing with them too :-) A couple that were my neighbors in 2009 contacted me last week saying they missed not being there but were going to make it next year and that we should work on camping next to eachother again. I'm planning on going too :-)

And I agree with the sentiment in your last paragraph. You get good a bad people no matter where you go. Good to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Deep Creek and DCHS :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 9/14

hipockets1921September 14, 2010 11:09PM

Wizard991September 14, 2010 11:25PM

hipockets1024September 15, 2010 12:02AM

Wizard1435September 15, 2010 01:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login