Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (92% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Moss Mill Road

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 23, 2002 07:18PM
Native Americans creating a road? They had cars? Wow, thats news to me. And sacred land? I laughed when I read it. Its seems native americans would be honored to have a road closed on sacred lands. I never heard of them wanting to build a road on their sacred sites, that would be like tearing down the walls of a temple to build a road through it.

So I was thinking about about easements and public land. Just because public land is public does not mean the government is obliged to provide road access. Sure the public has to right to visit. But to suggest that because the government does not provide a road to a peice of public land it is stolen is downright crazy. I mean really, come on now, where is common sense. Yes lets put on our thinking caps, it might help.

No, they cannot prevent anyone from entering the newly purchased public land, and yes, they certainly can legally close a road that used to provide access to a private property owner. Once there is no reason to provide that access, they can close the road. Its rather simple. The easement was gone the minute the land was transfered to the government.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Moss Mill Road

katrina 1255April 19, 2002 12:30AM

Informed 593April 19, 2002 09:01AM

Rick 689April 19, 2002 04:00PM

JOBE 763April 19, 2002 08:25PM

Naked Man 573April 20, 2002 06:48AM

Informed 574April 20, 2002 10:08AM

JOBE 616April 22, 2002 06:32PM

Jona 1167April 23, 2002 07:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login