Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Onsen etiquette

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 18, 2013 07:12PM
The only ones I was able to visit on my last trip was in the Hakone region, very quick from Tokyo via the bullet train. We did a few other touristy things while there as well. They literally have thousands of hot springs though dating back thousands of years. You could spend years soaking. I actually had to move my flight by a day as something came up but one thing I'm concerned about are the radiation levels in the rural areas, or even Tokyo. I doubt I will have time to visit some of the places I still want to go to as my schedule just got more condensed but it's such a shame large areas are now off limits. Every time I got to Japan, I feel like I'm stepping into the future. They are a few years ahead of us in infrastructure and applied technology. I recall waking up at the Conrad (Hilton) downtown and looking out across at the office building. As the sun was rising, you could see the wave of window shutters automatically adjust to keep the sun out. Very cool. Everything is so well thought out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2013 07:13PM by mohave.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Onsen etiquette

mohave3155November 18, 2013 02:17AM

Paul P.1103November 18, 2013 08:42AM

mohave1609November 18, 2013 07:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login