All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 26, 2004 02:54PM
Glad to be back in the dchs area.
We arrived at the parking lot of the trail of least resistance at about 3:00pm. Gary Roe accompanied me and another friend. Driving on the JF3-JF4 route, I noticed the traffic on this road has greatly increased. When we arrived, there were 5 cars already parked here. One was a new friend, Brian's Jeep.
Brian and I hike and camped at Gold stike and Arizona hot springs the previous weekend.
This trip was unusual, because, for the 1st time ever I had not visited the springs for 5+ months. So, I found myself noticing the changes that have occured.
I noticed that the trail of least resistance has become much more used. The areas at the zig zags are much larger. I also noticed there was no litter or graffiti. Good work to every one involved.
Once at the spring I conversed with Brian and others a while and then got my magic hose. As I approached I noticed a snake. He was about 3 feet long, dark brown and ivory colored, with @6 rattles. He was to busy getting out of the way to strike at me. Good snake :~)
I have used this hose for years to keep the pools clean. As I cleaned the main pool I noticed another volunteer has been cleaning this pool in my absence. Thank you, to whom ever.
The weather this Saturday was colder than I expected.
We slept in the parking lot witch is 1.2 miles from deep creek. Just barely legal. I sept in the bed of my truck to block some of the cold wind.
In the morning the sun shining on my face awakened me. And a beautiful blone was riding around topless on a battery powered moped. It sure is nice having mother nature to wake up to.
Sunday about 10:00am at the springs again. I noticed the sand in the creek bed has moved a lot. Where the sand bar used to be is now a deep trench. And a large boulder is now at the west end of there. The recent rains have moved the sand in front of the other pools also.
When I got in the middle pool, the one between the Crab cooker and the main pool. I noticed it was halve full of mud. Or should I say, It was halve full of hot water?
Waving my magic hose on it made all the mud dissappear. Now all who soak here can feel it's magic. :~)
There were many beautiful people at the springs this weekend. And many good conversations.
I am glad too help!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jobe's trip report 5-22&23

jobe 1080May 26, 2004 01:38PM

Re: Jobe's trip report 5-22&23

jobe 551May 26, 2004 02:54PM

ezzpete 640May 29, 2004 02:38PM

jobe 676June 01, 2004 09:02PM

ezzpete 1129June 04, 2004 05:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login