Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Time Out!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 07, 2002 10:18AM
Hello Sycamore, Burning Man was an unforgetable experience! The various music to be heard was as diverse and enjoyable as the amazing expressions of art. As I would ride around to various spots there was always a differant collection of music coming from many directions. Time spent there provides a veritable cornucopia for the senses. . Looks like I'll " have " to go again to explore all the things I missed on my first adventure there :-) Peace. P. S. I almost didn't make it to the event. On the way up, about 15 miles out of the City of Mammoth along 395, a bearing on my front wheel suddenly fell completely apart. Fortunately my wifes brother lived in Mammoth. I got my car to his condo. The next morning I took the wheel off and all the bearing parts just fell to the ground, completely destroyed. I went to the nearest auto parts to get replacement parts. The inside of the bearing however had gotten so hot when it came apart that it had basically welded itself to the spindle which is what the bearing slides on to. I called around to all the local auto supplies and wrecking yards in Mammoth and Bishop to see if I could get a new spindle. The soonest anyone could get the part was " maybe " in three days. So I took my spindle and had Good Year Auto repair grind and chip of the part of the bearing that was stuck, off the spindle. After that, the spindle was still not in good shape so I went to the local " Do It Yourself " home center and got some grinding tips for my brother in laws drill and spent six hours grinding the spindle back into usable form. The next day I left for the Burning Man with a smile on my face and had no further problems with my vehicle :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Time Out!

Wizard 1072September 06, 2002 11:02PM

Sycamore Laughing 570September 07, 2002 06:55AM

Wizard 554September 07, 2002 10:18AM

Viejo Bill 652September 08, 2002 03:33PM

Laughing Bear 991September 09, 2002 10:35AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login