Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report 8-27-2023

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 28, 2023 09:29PM
I just got home from a 3 day camping trip at the D.C.H.S. Campground. Persons at the campground were heading to the burning man art festival.
Yesterday I got to the springs at 1:30 pm. It must have been Mexican appreciation day. There were at least 30 Mexican men there. Only 2 Mexican women and the boom box had the same songs I have heard for decades playing. So I did the only thing I knew to do. I took a 2 hour nap. There was only 2 other people with European ancestry and one was speaking Spanish with them. This IS the greatest country ever.
So at 4:20 I got my new thermometer out. It said the air temp was 89 degrees. All temps of the pools were taken at their center near the surface.
The Arizona pool is leaking again, it was just a little more than half full. The temp there was 113 degrees. I suppose it was leaking because of storm damage. The creek is around 6 inches higherr than the week before.
The Anniversaty pool was 109 degrees. I took the blue hose out and cleaned the dead algae and trash out of the pool. It over heated me but that just makes me stronger.
The womb pool was 106 degrees. Hotter than I expected. I got the hose out and with a little help from friends we cleaned the dead algae out of this pool also. Thank you seniors and seniorettas. The Serenity pool was having the water deverted from the Crab Cooker pool directly into it. The temp was 107 degrees. The Contemplation pool was full of burrito eaters, thank you for the good food, really needed it. The temp there was 96 degrees. Even hotter was the sauce.
The creek water at the spot @20 feet upstream from the Arizona pool was 76 degrees. The creek water where most cross the creek was 78 degrees.
I only found a large piece of aluminum foil 2 water bottles and an ugly t shirt for my trash collection. Thanks everyone for help with that.
As the sun set a large group of women, all sizes and shapes showed up as I left. Most with sleeping bags and tents. Another terrific time to be at my favorite hot spring.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2023 10:11PM by Wizard.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 8-27-2023

jobe653August 28, 2023 09:29PM

Re: Trip report 8-27-2023

Paul P.337August 30, 2023 06:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login