Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Strange day at D.C.H.S. 8-1-2020

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 02, 2020 11:08AM
I arrived at the new D.C.H.Springs campground at 9:08 am. I noticed many new things as I drove in. A @ 60 foot water tower on a large hill and a new army tent. I pulled up to the tent and asked if anyone was there because a car was nearby. No answer. I noticed a water spicet and pressed the lever. Cool clean water, ahhh. There is something about cool clean water in the desert that makes me want to shout. I also noticed lights on the top of the water tower. Then I noticed a sign that said Pay at the trailer, 10$ per person. So, I drove on looking for said trailer. When I got there Jessica the manager came out and gave me a warm hug. That was better than a drug. I talked to her about many subjects and learned she is a born and raised native. Growing up just 4 1/2 miles from the camp ground. I know a few people in her neighborhood that she knew also. What a small world. ? I thought we talked for @ 1 hour. Wrong we had talked more than 2 hours when George the owner showed up. I talked to him about 20 minuets. He told me about his schedule in this big beautiful project of theirs.
A drove to the parking area. There were @ 8 cars there. On the Bowen ranch side there were about 16 cars. Mikey has bulldozed a new road down to the end of the fence and made a new parking area to park at. I wondered if he got a permit? Many people were walking a round as if lost. Asking where the hot springs were. So as I was directing them Brett came over for a chat. We talked for what seemed like half an hour. But, when I look at the clock it was more than an hour? So, at 1:00pm I finally headed toward the springs.
Several person were leaving the springs with camping equipment. When I got @ 1/4 of a mile past the lower parking area I noticed 3 Hispanic women trying to call someone one their cell phones. I asked why. They said their friend could not walk without fainting. They were walking down hill to the springs and were trying to call 911 without success. I gave them some water and told them to pour it on her arms and head to cool her off. Then I volunteered to climb the hill and get the emercency operater.About 1 and 1/2 hour later the helicopter landed at a flat place known as the Hunter's camp. And off she went to relief. Her two friends had never been to the springs but had done much research and wanted to follow me there.
When we got to the spring there were @ 80-100 persons there. Many black and Hispanic people, more than usual. Mostly in their 20's. Only one regular hot springer who wishes to remain annomolys.
On the way in I noticed more trash than usual. Mostly around the trail. Also a lot of new paint on the rocks. BOOO!
The pools were once again hotter than usual too. The first pool I got into was the womb pool. There were 2 black guys blocking me way in. I asked them to excuse me. They did I I dove into the pool head first. It was mich hotter than I had expected and I had to get out to get used to that heat. The guys said they had not seen anyone do that. The creek water around the hot pools was not much relief either. So, I swam up stream where it was a little bit cooler. Almost no one were enjoying the hot pools. So, I took the liberty to do so. Being I am most likely addicted to the Hot water there. But it was NOT easy. When I went to soak in the Crab Cooker pool, there was a lovely lady sitting nearby. I asked her if she had seen anyone soaking in this pool? She said she had been there all day an no one soaked in it it was too hot. So I told her about a Korean guy who used to spend hours soaking there. She appeared to be Asian, and said those Koreans are crazy tough. I agreed, then put my entire body into the hotter than usual water. For @ 1 minuet. Enough I thought as any longer would most likely cause brain damage. And as every body here knows I already have has plenty of that.?
At 7:00pm I started out with the 2 Hispanic tourist. Thinking they could get to their car before sunset. They were slower than expected and I do not think they made it. Sorry girls.
While going out you could see the smoke from the Apple fire near Boumont. The girls took some amazing pictures of it. My camera battery was dead, darn it. As the sun was setting the full Moon was just above the fire cloud. Which appeared as a thunder cloud column. The very top which had a rainbow color to it. Which later turned orange and pink then White. I am leaving now to purchase a new camera.
Happy Hot Hot springing every one. Srange days these are.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

jobe2507August 02, 2020 11:08AM

Re: Strange day at D.C.H.S. 8-1-2020

jaybirdsen1136August 03, 2020 01:05PM

jobe1475August 03, 2020 04:07PM

Paul P.851August 03, 2020 07:04PM

jaybirdsen959August 04, 2020 11:59AM

paulespo877August 04, 2020 05:48PM

jobe1332August 05, 2020 07:34AM

Sam D.909August 05, 2020 12:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login