Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (96% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report 11-12-14

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 13, 2014 06:38PM
The sun was just begining to shine at 8 am when I pulled into the Freedom trail head. I hiked around and found only a small amount of trash and was thinking about how many people have helped to keep it clean. Then I suddenly came across a 1 gallon bottle of Capt Morgan whiskey broken into hundreds of pieces. That must a been a heck of a party.
The weather was sunny and warm with a small breeze. I have been noticing a lack of animals in my recent trips to Deep Creek. Maybe they are helping Santa get ready ?
When I got to the springs there were about 1 dozen people about. The Anniverary pool was full so I got into the Arizona pool which is much deeper and bluer than it used to be. I fell asleep while soaking and stayed for too long. Note to self _ do not soak too long _ this dehydrated my body making me feel a little bit tweaked out for the rest of the day. So, learn from a long time hot springer and stay hydrated ! Or at least get more sleep.
Between 10 and 11 am I took my thermometer out to see the changes from before. All temps are from the center of the pool near it's surface.
The creek water just up stream from the Arizona pool was 64 degrees. The outside air temp was 74.
The Arizona pool was 106 degrees.
The Anniversary pool was 106 degrees also.
The Womb pool was 101 degrees. A hot spring regular and I spent an hour cleaning the dead algae and trash from the bottom of this pool. We did a good job getting it really clean. I found a good flash light that still works and 2 aluminum cans.
The Serenity pool was 102 degrees. I could tell some one has blocked some of the hot water from the creek side pool to help keep this pool warmer. THANKS !
The Crab Cooker pool is still 114 degrees. I noticed some one is blocking the exits to the hot water here also ? WHY ? It has made it a little deeper but it is NOT needed !
The Contemplation pool was 84 degrees. Another pair of volunteers took it upon them self's to drain and scrub this pool. They too did a very good job. Thanks guys !
After soaking too long in the Arizona pool I relaxed in the Contemplation pool and drank lots of water. While there with a good view of the trail I estimate 30 persons were meandering around the springs 40 at the most. Every one I saw were happy and free O:-)
Please help haul out MORE of the trash from the Deep Creek area !
I hauled out 2-20 gallon bags of trash I got mostly from the beach area from across the creek. There is still plenty for U.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 11-12-14

jobe2072November 13, 2014 06:38PM

Re: Trip Report 11-12-14

CanadaDan1529November 16, 2014 02:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login