Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (94% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 25, 2008 01:05PM
I have been hiking the PCT from the Spillway to Bacon Flats Road and noticed that last Saturday out of the 35-40 people I found they were all textiles but one. The Womb is mossy and Wizard's note about the deep part needing cleaning is still true. I was first at the spring at about 630 am on both Wednesday and Saturday and found it quite peaceful except for several campers still there from the previous evening. It is a great place when the crowds are away. I hike on when I find more than a couple of friendly folks. I had a discussion with one of the Rangers doing the frog survey a couple of weeks ago and I reported the need for enforcement on the campers. He said he could see that. His report is the frogs hatched last year seem to be doing fairly well. I also ran into a mountain biker doing the Pacific Crest Trail which is actually a much steeper fine than the camping. I noticed the DCV haven't been keeping their brochures at the Ranch and have wondered if they are still meeting?

Coyote
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report

coyote 1253August 25, 2008 01:05PM

Re: Trip Report

Paul P. 1184August 26, 2008 06:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login