Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (94% of Full)

Advanced

Beyond The Rubicon

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 04, 2005 10:43PM
Today was such a wonderful day, one I have thought about since the winters cold. Me and my friend Sparky hit the curve ball of ever hard to predict thunderstorm weather, and positioned ourselves perfectly to enjoy an early afternoon show of lightning and rain :-) In the morning,in knew that it would be a challenging day, clear skys early, with lots of heat, thinking about how much I wanted to accomplish on my journey to the Crystal Oasis and Helios. As we climbed those dry hills around 10:00 AM, the sun, and heat, was already, bringing much sweat to my brow. I collected a few Crystals at the place where they reside, and carried them on to Crystal Oasis, where they will sit from now, to eternity, OK, maybe not quite that long :-) Once placed, I gathered my stuff, and proceeded to Helios. It was a very hot and steamy, a day to be careful because of that. I had a tuff time at Helios, putting new screens around my cottonwoods, in the strong heat of mid-day. In the end, I was successful, and afterwards sought shelter in the Tree Cave, where I slathered my self abundantly with water from the water in the barrel, I have stored there :-) Once I completed my projects at Helios, Sparky and I began our journey back to the Crystal Oasis. I was a very hot, and my mouth was quite dry, sparky got a quick drink at a small pool created by the thundertorms of day before. Once I reached the Crystal Oasis, I gladly drank two bottles of cool, refreshing water, which recharged my spirit, just in time for the coming thundershower. Sparky and I retreated to a void in the granite, where we could watch the lighting in saftey, and be out of the downpour. When the lighnting threat had receeeded, I went out onto a point of rock, watched the scene, felt the rain, and thought long, about our human condition, the precarious state of affairs we have made for ourselves, in this time. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, we are, Bad Animals, in the end, and we will pay our price for being such. There is a big wheel turning, it marches on, Carbon Units or not, and when the consequence of the way we live our lives, strikes all of us, in the face, it will be a time of reckoning. There are things that will occur, Beyond the Rubicon, life will be much differant then, and, as it goes, at some future point, the musings of humanity will cease. It is interesting, what forms of intelligence, will ponder our reality, and what it meant. I put 4 photos taken today, at the Wizard's pictures link, thursday, 8-4, its definitely Dreamtime in the Desert :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Beyond The Rubicon

Wizard 1071August 04, 2005 10:43PM

Re: Beyond The Rubicon

Wizard 694August 04, 2005 10:50PM

Wizard 599August 04, 2005 11:35PM

LaughingBear 566August 05, 2005 08:21AM

Wizard 591August 05, 2005 10:11AM

mojavegreen 1233August 07, 2005 08:38AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login