Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (93% of Full)

Advanced

Bradford Ridge Trail

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 27, 2002 09:09PM
I did a hike into DCHS today. I hiked from where the Bradford Ridge trail begins on route 173. I hadn't been that way in quite a while and had heard from another hotspringer that this trail has been improved since I last walked it. I have two ways I access Deep Creek from where the Bradford Ridge trail starts. One is the Bradford Ridge trail itself which takes you to DCHS. The other is a way I travel through the hills to some places I like along Deep Creek up stream from DCHS. No trail just cross country travel through various small canyons. I call it my Indian Route. Both routes take me about one hour and fifteen minutes going in. I walked the route that takes me upstream first and when I reached the creek I had a nice swim in one of the spots I frequent. There was a big sycamore tree there and it was real refreshing sitting in the shade after my dip in Deep Creek. I relaxed there for a while then began to hike down the PCT to DCHS. When I arrived I found a handful of regulars and we chatted for a while and I took another much needed dip again. I took a look at my clock and saw I was running low on time. I got stuff ready and left DCHS at 3:54. Usually it takes me about one hour and a half to hike back to my car on 173 by way of the Bradford Ridge Trail. Since I had to pick up my kids from daycare at 6 PM I picked up the pace today and made it back at 5:09, one hour and fifteen minutes. The trail was in alot better shape than the last time I hiked it and it has obviously been worked recently. I came across a sign that said 100% volunteer labor. Oh, by the way, this trail was originally done as an illegal trail built by the public. I felt guilty the whole time I was hiking on it. Just kiddin :-) I heard a while back that the Forestry Dept was considering adding it to thier trail system. I don't know if this has occured or not. This trail is a nice one to walk and is now very clear to follow. It does take about 20 minutes longer than hiking from the Bowen Ranch parking. It also has some steep sections. It is a good trail if your fit and want to explore a differant route to the springs. I know that now that I've mentioned this on the internet that I will be completely responsible for all hikers and thier behavior on this route, and for what they do at DCHS, from now on, what a bummer :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bradford Ridge Trail

Wizard 1937June 27, 2002 09:09PM

Re: Bradford Ridge Trail

Wizard 739June 27, 2002 09:38PM

BooBoo 855June 28, 2002 11:09PM

katrina island 705June 29, 2002 01:20AM

katrina island 649June 29, 2002 01:02PM

Wizard 643June 29, 2002 01:31AM

Paul P. 631June 29, 2002 11:05AM

Wizard 651June 29, 2002 09:27PM

Rick 1178July 03, 2002 01:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login