Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: USFS & DCV take on Broom Doom Project

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 03, 2004 02:15PM
Hard work, fun, great people, and the good feeling of helping my favorite place all came together yesterday as we "swept up" the broom. When I saw that the USFS had brought an axe among their tools, I thought that that was overkill, because the broom I had seen so far was all small-stemmed stuff that could be gotten with pruning shears. When we got into the thicket, though, I was surprised at how thick the trunks had gotten. Not sure if the axe was used or not, but I can see that one might be needed for this stuff.

I really liked how we formed a line of people to haul up the broom to the pile. It is hard to climb the hill while dragging an armload of that heavy stuff, but not as hard to just pull it a little way and hand it off to the next person. Everyone worked together well, joking and talking while we tackled the stuff. Who came up with "Broom Doom" anyway? Looking forward to seeing the pictures!!

Nick's pizza later on was also a great time. DCV members are becoming regulars there. Maybe we should introduce our group to the management there. I wished Richard could have been there, too, though, and that great crew from the USFS.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

USFS & DCV take on Broom Doom Project

Ron 1079July 03, 2004 09:24AM

Wizard 593July 03, 2004 11:04AM

sycamorelaughing 973July 03, 2004 02:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login