Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

OK Corral Exaggeration

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 21, 2005 08:45PM
Thanks, Brother Bear.

The Sheriff's report would have reflected that the caretaker of Summerwind Ranch had the dogs and the weapon. The dogs weren't snarling and the gun was holstered. They have good dogs and they bark when visitors approach as they should. Gail has exaggerated the whole affair. No one was threatened.

I allowed these neighbors to ride on my property until the Willow Fire. I asked them to stop to let the area recover. They became resentful. Their own ranch was spared by the fire and so I guess they couldn't relate. They cut their way in and the tracks led directly to and from Summerwind Ranch.

The caretaker is a hothead and the non-resident owner backed him up. I offered to shake hands with the owner, but he refused.

On the day that Paradise burned, the caretaker came out and ordered all the locals away, telling them they were on private property. As you know, Summerwind property starts farther down the road.

I was talking to Glen Schmidt from Oak Springs Ranch at the time. The whole crew from Oak Springs was there to say goodbye to an old friend. It was early morning, and a pile of burning tires had created a huge black cloud. Several firetrucks were on hand, but there was nothing they could do. The house was classic and had been used in at least one Hollywood film.

Glen told the hothead caretaker he was out of line, and besides the people standing around were the ones that they would have to depend on to save their horses in case of fire. We just ignored the hothead.

The owners (the Bashas) are probably good people, but have such a fear of people on the mountain that they live in town. The caretaker probably works up that fear so he and his wife can continue to live for free. The Bashas have never gotten to know anyone, so don't realize that they have some fine neighbors.

The ranch was built up by Phil and Ramona Carmel and family, who some of you may have had the pleasure to know. It was a picturesque place and they raised llamas, so we called it the Llama Ranch. Their door was always open. We were sad to see them leave. (If you ever need insurance he probably still deals State Farm in Hesperia.)

Last time I talked to Phil, he said he was thinking of writing up some mountain history. He was with us during some colorful times, as you well know.

You know Glen Schmidt at Oak Springs, Gail. Give him a shout. He will tell you more about the hothead at the "OK Corral".
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Gail Fry & Jennifer Foster_Character Assasins

mojavegreen 4050February 20, 2005 08:09AM

Re:Bully of Barstow = Bully of Bowen ranch

jobe 1115February 20, 2005 08:57AM

Re:Bully of Barstow = Bully of Bowen ranch

mojavegreen 979February 20, 2005 10:05AM

Your target is showing

katrina island 948February 20, 2005 10:26AM

Gail Fry now living at the Bowen Ranchhouse?

mojavegreen 1003February 20, 2005 12:28PM

Re: Gail Fry & Jennifer Foster_Character Assasins

Jennifer Foster 2382February 20, 2005 03:14PM

mojavegreen 869February 20, 2005 08:07PM

mojavegreen 885February 20, 2005 08:13PM

LaughingBear 863February 20, 2005 08:14PM

LaughingBear 865February 20, 2005 08:35PM

Violence occurring on Public Lands is a Public Issue

katrina island 941February 21, 2005 02:56AM

LaughingBear 1318February 21, 2005 08:16AM

OK Corral Exaggeration

mojavegreen 1529February 21, 2005 08:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.