Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: New Tree at the springs :-)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 15, 2001 08:25PM
Yes Andre, It looks like perhaps the tree planters might have been watching our discussion. Or maybe it was a coincidence. I hope this new tree gets established before its challenged by its first battle with inevitable flooding. Thats interesting to here about the sycamore starting from a stick. A nursery could provide information if cut limbs will start like the cottonwoods do. After hearing about this method of starting cottonwoods I went down to the mohave river basin and cut some limbs and planted about 15 trees at my first house in victorville around 1984. About 90% of them took and are now good size trees. I passed by my old house just this year to see the old digs and was also curious how the trees were doing. All I did was stick the branches in the ground and watered them well. It does take a while to get the tree going doing it this way so if trying this method at the springs I think they should be planted above the flood levels to help the trees in thier struggles to become beautiful shade trees :-) Human beavers stay away from the trees :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

New Tree at the springs :-)

Wizard 1424May 06, 2001 10:40AM

Andre 643May 15, 2001 08:06PM

Wizard 1097May 15, 2001 08:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login