Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

Re: April 21

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 25, 2012 10:14PM
hiker
I can’t tell how many may have been camping, but I would guess 25 or more (not counting those who may have been even further up canyon). There were lots of empties around as well.

Ya Paul, not only is it illegal but there is a reason why the Forest Services does not want overnighters. The Forest Service and I believe many of us volunteers are the guardians of this unique ecosystem. Hiker puts the numbers around 25 campers; these people have to poop somewhere and my guess is that most of these "city slickers" are not practicing the proper method of disposing human waste; in addition camp fires (also illegal) are a common practice of those who camp - using whatever fuel they can get. I have backpacked Mt Whitney and the Zion Narrows - both sensitive ecosystems. The Forest Service and the National Park Service require that everyone "packs out their poop" and the National Park Service in Zion requires that people urinate in the Virgin River so that the area dosen't smell like an inner-city pedestrian tunnel. I have no problem having the FS law enforcement ticket these people and confiscating their equipment. Even on my hike out I notice several beer cans on the trail and in bushes which I picked up and packed out.

Lets keep DCHS prestine
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

April 21

hiker2081April 22, 2012 06:57PM

Wizard989April 22, 2012 10:18PM

hiker892April 23, 2012 07:15AM

windsailor850April 24, 2012 10:11PM

Paul P.847April 25, 2012 12:09PM

windsailor1338April 25, 2012 10:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login