Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Question about camping

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 18, 2012 08:42PM
Yes, always bury your waste, and do it far from the creek or springs. The ground in the DCHS area way from the water can be hard, but with proper effort (it's worth it, to keep the creek clean!) a 12" hole can be dug. The toilet paper has to be buried that deep, or the coyotes or other animals will just smell it and dig it up. Or bring a small lighter with you and burn the paper (the dry part will burn easily and you can bury the rest). I know that sounds gross, but it really is not as bad as it sounds. I always keep some toilet paper and a lighter in a zip lock baggie, to keep them both together and to keep the paper clean. And quickly biodegradable paper can even be purchased at many RV dealerships, camping supply stores, etc.

Regarding shovels, the small plastic trowels that cost about $3.00 are very light weight, fit easily into any part of a day pack, and work perfectly. You can get them at any Big-5, R,E.I, Sports Chalet, Walmart, etc.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Question about camping

ideinit1653April 18, 2012 03:00PM

DCHS Jaunter920April 18, 2012 04:38PM

mellowguy1499April 18, 2012 08:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login