Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Re: The Mud People invade OZ !

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 29, 2002 03:01PM
Ken, Check out my recently added pictures at the Wizards pictures link below. I put three more on today. Check out pictures 8-11 on page 17 and you will see that I have been to Burney falls and really love them :-) I worked as a Forestry Firefighter not to far from those falls. My station was 10 miles east of the town of McCloud which is south of Mt. Shasta. Had a great time up there working in the Forest. Fighting Forest Fires was less fun :-( Our property is at about 2000 feet elevation. The summers in the Redding valley do regularly get quite hot as you said but this also means that the fall,winter and spring do see milder conditions. Since I've lived in the desert for a long time I am used to this kind of heat and prefer it for outdoor water activity. At our property it will be cooler. The town of Redding is shown as having an elevation around 500 feet. Our property is about a 25 minute drive from town but the city is spreading out as many are in California. Its nice that everything north of our property is Forestry land and we are also surrounded by property my brother owns so no worries about a lots of homes nearby. If you are interested in moving up that way some day then sooner is better in terms of aquiring a peice of property. The area is growing fast and this interest is pushing up prices. Near town is of course more expensive. We got our 20 acres for 13,000 and my brother says it would already sell for 50,000 in the brief time wev'e owned it. Good luck to you. If you have any other questions about Redding I'll try to answer them for you. Just e-mail me at hotspringswizard@hotmail.com. Good Luck :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Mud People invade OZ !

Wizard 1237April 26, 2002 10:10PM

DCR 928April 27, 2002 11:27AM

katrina island 781April 27, 2002 12:57PM

Wizard 702April 27, 2002 05:15PM

Wizard 730April 27, 2002 07:54PM

Ken 612April 29, 2002 08:58AM

Wizard 1149April 29, 2002 03:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login