Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Car Camping Hot Spring Suggestions

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 16, 2012 11:49AM
Hi folks,

My girlfriend is fairly non-outdoorsy, but wants me to introduce her to The Great Outdoors in baby steps, starting with a car-camping trip sometime next month. Her only requirements are a) car-camping, not backpacking, and b) there needs to be at least an outhouse, if not an actual flush toilet facility. No squatting in the bushes.

I'm googling around for car-camping options, and thought that maybe there would be some hot spring possibilities. I've already considered car-camping at Bowen Ranch, but a) no toilet facilities there (right?), and b), the hike to the hot spring from the ranch might be a little more than she currently has the taste for. Also considered Remington, but there are no toilet facilities right by RHS itself, and though I know there's a campground just a mile or two up the road from RHS that might have toilet facilities, it just seems a pain to have to drive to the actual hot spring.

We're looking for something not too terribly long a drive from Pasadena, but are flexible on that.

Any suggestions posted here or PMed to me would be appreciated. Non-hot-spring suggestions are fine, too. Looking for a nifty car-camping spot in SoCal with toilet facilities.

Thanks!

Joel

EDIT: Also, we do not have a high-clearance vehicle at our disposal, so the road in to the campground needs to be either paved, or a very good condition dirt road, without a lot of wash-outs (for example, I ruled out Big and Little Caliente, on account of the dirt road in there, which I wouldn't drive in a regular sedan).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 12:13PM by JoelTDahl.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Car Camping Hot Spring Suggestions

JoelTDahl2630March 16, 2012 11:49AM

Re: Car Camping Hot Spring Suggestions

Rick1157March 16, 2012 09:18PM

JoelTDahl1115March 17, 2012 10:14AM

Paul P.1098March 18, 2012 08:47AM

JoelTDahl1008March 18, 2012 02:48PM

Rick1519March 18, 2012 03:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login