All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 17, 2010 01:00PM
Hey all,
Just got back from a trip up the 101 near Santa Barbara. I had some work in Buellton so decided to stop at Gaviota H.S. before work.
The pool was at 92F and the water was about six inches higher now. Someone added more rocks and sand to the overflow wall for the pool.
Someone went a little crazy tearing down some small trees next to the pool, I cant figure out why. The last uphill portion up the trail was overgrown but some blackberries are starting to form on the vines. That would be a treat to pick some Blackberries to eat while soaking.
I had the place all to myself for almost two hours. Then I had to go to work.

Heres a video:

After the job in Buellton I had to hit up Little Caliente so I made the drive up Gibraltar and down into the canyon. I arrived down by my campsite around 3PM and there were swarms of Ladybugs flying trough, looked pretty cool. Set up my tent and headed for Little Caliente. When I got there there were two girls but they were on their way out. I got up to the pools and started to get in when a whole bunch of orange flys started attacking me, I got tired of being bit so I went back to camp. Made a huge dinner and read some comics in my tent. I fell asleep, (I was tired, woke up at 4:30AM to finish the job earlier) woke up and it was dark so I kept on sleeping. Woke up at 5:00AM broke down my camp, made some coffie and headed to the springs.Saw alot of Quail on the way over. When I arrived at the springs the water was steaming to where you could see it from the parking spot. The bugs were still asleep so I was happy.

Heres a video of Little Caliente:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2010 01:18PM by Madrox.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Gaviota Hot Spring 5-15-2010 + Little Caliente H.S.

Madrox2640May 17, 2010 01:00PM

Re: Gaviota Hot Spring 5-15-2010 + Little Caliente H.S.

Sam D.1032May 17, 2010 01:50PM

Re: Gaviota Hot Spring 5-15-2010 + Little Caliente H.S.

Madrox1675May 17, 2010 02:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login