All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 22, 2003 10:45AM
I received the following e-mail regarding the clothing optional status at Saline Valley Hot Springs from SPA (Saline Preservation Association). I encourage those interested to write to the Death Valley National Park Superintendent about this change.

We usually go there on President's Day Weekend but if we have to wear bathing suits and clothes the entire time ... wearing a suit in the pools is just wierd and it mucks up the water! Not sure if we'll ever go back under these conditions!

You can contact SPA at spa@majorproduction.net

Thanks for your support,
DCR

Friends,

It has come to our attention that the park service has rescinded the clothing optional policy at the Springs. Whether or not this new conservative policy is enforced or enforceable remains to be seen. SPA was not contacted about the change in policy, neither in its consideration or implementation.

According to reports, there is a sign at the springs, inviting people with comments or questions to contact JT Reynolds, the park superintendent. You might contact him at:

JT Reynolds, Superintendent
Death Valley National Park
Furnace Creek, California 92328

I wish you all the happiest of holidays.

Major Tom

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Update on Saline Valley News -- It was a hoax!

DCR 3145November 22, 2003 09:33AM

Re: Update on Saline Valley News -- It was a hoax!

Ron 1619November 22, 2003 10:45AM

jobe 873November 23, 2003 06:06AM

sycamorelaughing 872November 23, 2003 10:52AM

Rick 901December 19, 2003 05:14PM

natural man 1820January 25, 2005 08:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login