Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

5 Palms Hot Springs and safety

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 07, 2019 11:44AM
Hi folks,

I'm vaguely planning a trip to hit up 5 palms hot springs (plus a few other nearby HS) sometime in the next few months. I've never been there, and it's been on my HS bucket list for awhile. I'm planning to go with my wife and toddler and baby.

When I mentioned to my wife that 5 Palms is apparently in the middle of nowhere in the desert, not all that far from the Mexican border (at least relative to Los Angeles), she expressed some concern about cartel activity in that area. Word has it that kidnappings and whatnot, while mostly in Mexico itself, have been known to happen in that area, due to the cartels. Albeit relatively rare.

Anybody who's been -- or who is familiar with that general area -- can you please post your thoughts regarding how much of a concern I should consider this to be?

I'm going to pre-emptively request that this discussion remain civil and a-political. Just the facts, please.

Thanks!

Joel
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

5 Palms Hot Springs and safety

JoelTDahl1434February 07, 2019 11:44AM

Re: 5 Palms Hot Springs and safety

Paul P.1162February 07, 2019 08:54PM

Re: 5 Palms Hot Springs and safety

Paul P.1141February 08, 2019 08:38AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login