Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (75% of Full)

Advanced

Update on Saline Valley News -- It was a hoax!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 22, 2003 09:33AM
The good news here is the news turned out to be a hoax! So happy soakin'! Anybody want to plan a group trip? LOL

I received this e-mail from SPA:

Last week I emailed our member list and informed everyone that the National Park Service in Death Valley had rescinded the clothing optional policy at the Saline Valley warm springs. Signs announcing this new policy were posted and seen by several of our members. Apparently the signs are not reflective of any new policy on the part of the Park Service, and may be considered to be a hoax.

SPA recently spoke with a trusted Park official. He checked with Bill Reynolds, the ranger who was in Saline last weekend. Bill DID NOT BRING the notices rescinding the clothing optional policy to be posted. No one in the Park Administration knew about the signs, including Nancy Wizner, Chief Ranger. The official park policy at this time regarding nudity is NEUTRAL. They don't want to post "clothing optional" signs, but they are not prohibiting nudity.

Bill Reynolds, the ranger, said that he was aware of the signs, however, and that "a volunteer" had apparently put them up without park permission. Why he allowed the new signs, which suggested a change in policy, to remain is an interesting question.

The Park official said the park does NOT endorse these signs and that they should be REMOVED by whoever goes out there. SPA would like to obtain a copy of one of the signs.

I would like to apologize for raising the alarm, but I am happy to put this disinformation to rest. SPA will continue to look into the matter and work towards our goal of representing the interests of our membership to the Park, and keeping you informed of what's happening in and to YOUR valley.

Happy soaks,

Major Tom
Secretary, Saline Preservation Association

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Update on Saline Valley News -- It was a hoax!

DCR 3142November 22, 2003 09:33AM

Re: Update on Saline Valley News -- It was a hoax!

Ron 1617November 22, 2003 10:45AM

jobe 873November 23, 2003 06:06AM

sycamorelaughing 872November 23, 2003 10:52AM

Rick 901December 19, 2003 05:14PM

natural man 1819January 25, 2005 08:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login