Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Falling into Infinity

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 28, 2001 10:48PM
A few hours ago I was crusin down the Bowen Ranch Road listening to some cool tunes from one of my favorite groups " Dream Theater ". This CD entitled " Falling into Infinity " is full of great sounds from start to finish. Three peices that Ranger Barry Nelson ( BLM's # 1 hitman ) recomends highly are, New millennium, lines in the sand and Trial of tears. I can't count the times I've seen him rockin out in his white BLM sled :-) On the CD cover are two individuals sitting on platforms in the water, the one on the right is me in the present and the one on the left is me in the past. Interesting how we transform ourselves through the years. On the back cover are two pictures that I find interesting as examples of Macro and Micro in terms of Infinity. This CD conceptually reminds me of this notion of Infinity. If the world we know is truly infinite, macro- space never ending and micro-things can be broken up into smaller and smaller units then it seems to me that absolute conclusions cannot be made about what goes on around us. I mean absolute in its strictest sense. Oh man all this thinking is hurtin my head, nothin that another sip of my favorite box car wine can't fix, that sounds like an absolute eh :-) As I was sayin before I did a burn out on the philosophy highway, I was crusin home after spending two fantastic days down at OZ! Both days the air was wonderfully clear which makes everything look even more amazing than usual, especially through my crazy shades I got for free. I found them at the bottom of a pool at Slide Rock Park in Sedona. Yesterday at the springs a troop of boy scouts came in and they ended up staying over night up in the grass behind the Aniversary pool. I sat for much of the day Wednsday under an Alder tree by the Arizona pool and watched this person putting sand along some cracks in the pool where the water was leaking out. He was eventualy successful and the hot water finally began to run over the top edge out into the creek as it does when its not leaking. The Arizona pool was runnin real hot and few people stayed in it for long. I went for a hike upstream along the Pacific Crest trail and through the indian camp area and found the stream level is way down and the creek bed is very shallow due to all the sand and mud that has come off the hills after the fire. On the way back my faithful pooch Sparky scored a sqirrel for lunch, yeah she ate the whole thing. Well heck coyotes do it all the time, anyway she was lookin pretty content after her snack :-) I bagged a full big trash bag full of beer cans and other assorted trash which I hauled out last evening. Today was even clearer than yesterday. The air seems alive when its so clear in the dry desert air. I'm happy to say that I finally met the unknown tree planter. We had a nice chat. He was down replacing some of the wood post that hold up the new trees. The post had been taken and used for firewood by some knuckleheads. I found out that he has also planted over 50 new trees up and downstream from the springs. These trees are small starts only a couple of inches high. He is the one who plated the three willows and the cottonwood by the Aniversary pool. He has plans for more :-) He has also done other things to help the plant life around the springs but I know some of you are a bit touchy on this subject so I wont expand anymore on this subject. I told him I appreciated his efforts and look forward to the shade these trees will one day provide. It was so nice and peacful today, after the boy scouts left :-) Yeah they were gettin pretty loud havin a mud fight down in the creek. The trees and the rest of the vegatation along the creek is really growin big time this year. I think all that muddy ash has really kicked every thing into the fast growin mode. On my hike out, just above the springs I came across a rattlesnake. It was reddish brown, about 2 and one half feet long with a white and black ringed tail. My dogs and I walked by it on the trail and it never rattled even though it was only six inches or so from the trail. On the drive out the sun was at an angle shinning down across the moutains just east of route 4 and it highlighted these tufts of grass all across the hills which was really something to see in the golden light of the setting sun. Then a little later down the road I started thinking about Infinity :-) Happy Soakin!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Falling into Infinity

Wizard 1486June 28, 2001 10:48PM

Re: Falling into Infinity

Paul P. 664June 29, 2001 06:07PM

Re: Falling into Infinity

Wizard 1069July 08, 2001 11:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login