Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

A New life Begins At The Springs!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 18, 2001 10:26PM
Well it was another wonderful day down at OZ, oh how boring! Just Kidden :-) The day was very breezy with high clouds swept up from the tropics. These clouds changed very rapidly and covered the sun a few times during the day but for the most part it was sunny. As I hiked into the canyon there were many flowers along the way, blue, purple, yellow, white, orange and red! It is peak time for flowers in this area and this will last for a few weeks or so. The hills are looking very green and its good to see so much growth. The Willow Fire really scorched alot of land but Iv'e really been encouraged by the comeback of the plant life since then! I hiked the stream above the springs for a while just enjoying the springtime look of things as I went. When I finally made my way back to the springs I found a very pleasant suprise. Someone or some-people have planted a new tree in the large grass area uphill from the Aniversary pool!! Wow, that really made my day to see this new tree there! They put large poles to support this tree until it gets established which is just what it needs. The poles have written on them when the tree was planted ( 4-16-01) and ask for people to water the tree when they can ( bucket included ) and to leave messages on the poles if they wish. I left one myself :-) This large grass area is a great spot for shade trees and it would be good to see more planted there. This new one is a willow tree. I looked down at the Aniversary pool with its willow tree and pine tree that were donated the same way and they are looking good. Another thing that I think would help would be a nice sign saying something like " Please don't cut down the trees, they provide shade for all of us in the summer ". Something like this in the area around the Arizona pool where the trees have taken a beating from the human beavers :-( This act of giving, planting, restoring trees that have been lost really warms my heart. Who ever you are I respect very much your efforts :-) Here's a funny thing I heard while sitting in the womb. A woman who had come with a companion told me that he had told her that the palm trees above the Womb were planted about three years ago and she said " Look how good there doing after only three years! " That just cracked me up even though I just went along with her on this story shaking my head in agreement! I didn't think it was necesary to tell her how long thev'e really been there. Oh boy, the stories you hear :-) Well just another mezmerizing day at OZ, adventures included!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A New life Begins At The Springs!

Wizard 1897April 18, 2001 10:26PM

Re: A New life Begins At The Springs!

Katrina 856April 19, 2001 12:51AM

DCR 952April 19, 2001 09:16AM

Andre 1033April 21, 2001 12:20AM

Wizard 853April 21, 2001 10:09AM

Rick 967April 21, 2001 05:22PM

Andre 880April 22, 2001 09:28PM

Wizard 974April 23, 2001 09:18AM

Rick 862April 23, 2001 08:31PM

Paul P. 984April 23, 2001 10:43AM

Wizard 915April 23, 2001 09:54PM

Paul P. 847April 23, 2001 10:40PM

Wizard 953April 24, 2001 08:55AM

EastBay 946April 25, 2001 01:11PM

Wizard 932April 25, 2001 08:24PM

EastBay 794April 26, 2001 06:21PM

Wizard 1363April 26, 2001 07:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login