Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Please Write Now To Stop Forest Fees! (New Letter Campaign)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 18, 2001 11:42AM
I was not aware of this current letter writing campaign. If you'd like a copy of what I wrote, just send me an e-mail.

This is from http://freeourforests.org/calendar.htm:

Through May 4 - The Senate Interior Appropriations Subcommittee is accepting written testimony - deadlined Friday, May 4th - on matters pertaining to America's public lands and their funding. We need lots of letters to this subcommittee, mailed by Monday, April 30th, to bring home the continuing controversy over the Recreational Fee Demonstration Program (Fee Demo) and the fees it authorizes for our use of our own public lands. (This alert follows hot on the heels of an earlier alert this April, to the House Interior Appropriations Subcommittee.)

The subcommittee needs to hear from us! Too many elected officials in D.C. are unaware of Fee Demo and its unpopularity. This is an opportunity not to be missed to state our support for public funding for public lands, and for stating our opposition to Fee Demo!

PLEASE WRITE NOW TO STOP FOREST FEES! (MAIL BY APRIL 30th)

(If you recently wrote to the House Interior Appropriations subcommittee, you can use the same text, but address it to the Senate's subcommittee.)

WHAT YOU CAN DO:
Please write a brief letter on 8.5 x 11 paper, and submit 2 unfolded copies (i.e. in a big envelope) to the address below - and mail them by Monday, April 30th. (2 x 34 cent stamps will be needed as well.)

ADDRESS THEM TO:
Subcommittee on Interior & Related Agencies
U.S. Senate, SD-131
Washington, D.C. 20510

WHAT TO SAY:

Write your name and address clearly at the top of the page.

Ask that Congress end the Recreational Fee Demonstration Program.

Ask that Congress provide appropriate funds for public lands through the normal appropriations process.

Ask that your letter be part of the record for Public Witness Day on May 4th.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Please Write Now To Stop Forest Fees! (New Letter Campaign)

DCR 1691April 18, 2001 11:42AM

Re: Please Write Now To Stop Forest Fees! (New Letter Campaign)

free our forests 700April 18, 2001 02:57PM

Re: Please Write Now To Stop Forest Fees! (New Letter Campaign)

DCR 1401April 18, 2001 03:53PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login