Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Re: People saying bad things about Deep creek

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 28, 2001 08:32AM
The Munchkins haven't seen it yet. We will wait for the crowds to thin out a bit. We did do a three video marathon this last Sunday watching, the grinch, tomb raider and planet of the apes. It was a grueling day, but were tuff people :-) Craig and I discussed plans last night for a trip to the springs soon. He hasn't been up there lately and is anxious to go. I was telling him about last weekend at the springs when it started to pour down rain that the large group of Asian folks were running around like rabbits trying to gather up thier things and then they had to do the cold wade across the creek to quickly dress in the hard rain. You could see clearly that they were not expecting rain for the day. This time of year I bring several large 30 gallon trash bags which are great for covering your pack and for putting your extra stuff in if it rains. If its raining when I leave then I take a bag and put holes in it for my arms and head and use it as a rain suit. I then take another one and open up the bottom end and put my legs through it and tuck it into my pants for rain protection for my lower body. I bring the trash bags since the are cheap, disposable and much lighter to carry than a regular rain suit. I really enjoy this time of year down at OZ with all the variety of winter weather :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

People saying bad things about Deep creek

Monkey wrench gang 1714November 26, 2001 12:44PM

Wizard 893November 26, 2001 09:25PM

katrina 800November 27, 2001 12:43AM

Monkey wrench gang 796November 27, 2001 08:48AM

Wizard 716November 27, 2001 02:51PM

Paul 733November 27, 2001 10:46PM

Wizard 723November 28, 2001 08:32AM

rchan 748December 01, 2001 07:00PM

MikelG 833November 29, 2001 03:47PM

Wizard 1175December 02, 2001 11:40AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login