Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

blizzard fire cleanup is on!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 27, 2004 11:37AM

thanks all for the listening and understanding!

wizzard - you and i stood by the creek as my first friend tried to walk, then swim across. later you provided 2 bags to the others of the crew so they could keep their stuff dry. oh what fun that was. if anyone has to swim the creek ever, i recommend jumping in all at once instead of going slow and having the chance to think about the particulars of the cold, etc...

jobe - you crazy/sane man! windsong, fla??? anyway, the snow depth at d.c. was about a foot, some drifts were bigger, but all in all the heaviest coverage was on the ridge in the bowen r. area. the creek did not rise much during the storm or in the 24hr period after, and i didn't stick around due to having swam the creek before. heading back now to check it out and clean up, and i hope that most of the meltoff has happened. the van was just fine where we left it, i'm very thankfull that the prayers were answered.

the morning of the blizzard hike in, i was sitting in san diego with a copy of john muir's (founder of the sierra club) adventures, and the words that made a lot of sense later were about john's always getting to where he made up his mind to go, regardless of circumstance.

hope everyone stays well!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

blizzard stories

windsong 1850November 25, 2004 12:49PM

Re: blizzard stories

LaughingBear 591November 25, 2004 02:17PM

jobe 640November 26, 2004 11:00AM

blizzard fire cleanup is on!

windsong 829November 27, 2004 11:37AM

Wizard 628November 25, 2004 10:23PM

sycamorelaughing 1647November 28, 2004 07:55AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login