All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 16, 2001 09:30PM
Rabbot, As " Free our Forests " mentioned, I explained in detail the route and trail I use to access the springs. I have " personally " not had trouble with my vehicle at the place I park. I invited some people who posted here to join me on this way I go about a month ago. As I was driving in I met some other people who were friends of the people I invited and they choose to park at a spot on route 4 about a mile from the ranch and walked the rest of the way on route 4 and 3 to the trail I use. There car was about a mile and a half from where I park. When these people returned to thier car after dark they found thier back window had been broken. I felt I should tell you about this incidence. Anyway to get to where I park you go two and a half miles past the ranch on open route 4 then 3. The easy way to remember how to get to the parking area is to just take every left had turn that looks well traveled once you pass the ranch on route 4. The rest of the directions are at the " Bradford ridge post. Also on the Bradford Ridge post are directions for hiking the Bradford Ridge trail from the south. I have never had any problems parking there at the Kinley Creek Bridge either. Its been shown here on the forum that there has been some vandalism at times around the Bowen Ranch area. If you parked at the ranch house itself I would say you wouldn't have to worry about this problem but it would be about a half hour longer of hiking than from the place I hike off of route 3. For some this added saftey will be more what thier looking for. There is another route along the Pacific Crest Trail from the Mohave Dam but this way takes at least a couple hours of walking and I wouldn't trust leaving a vehicle around that dam since I have had my car vandalised twice there.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wish I had never...

Rabbott 1479November 15, 2001 10:56AM

Re: Wish I had never...

Paul P. 756November 15, 2001 05:52PM

Wizard 752November 15, 2001 10:35PM

Rabbott 838November 16, 2001 08:01AM

Free our Forests 860November 16, 2001 09:29AM

Wizard 666November 16, 2001 09:30PM

Paul 794November 16, 2001 10:00PM

Wizard 648November 17, 2001 05:07PM

Paul 752November 18, 2001 06:51PM

Wizard 1082November 18, 2001 10:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login