All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 25, 2004 06:05PM
If the SB County grading philosophy for Bowen Ranch Rd. continues, you will need a periscope to see the landscape.

The road grader digs the road deeper and deeper in an attempt to find hard ground, pushing the loose soil to the edge. Erosive cuts are then made through and beyond the roadbanks to channel the water off the roadway during the infrequent but heavy rains.

As the roadway gets deeper, the erosive diversions are also cut deeper and further from the roadway. Private property is being severely impacted by this illegal intrusion. There are gullies approaching 6 feet deep in areas that had no erosion 20 years ago.

Clearly, there is a limit and it is being approached. The roadway needs to be filled back in and stabilized in some manner. The test section on Ocatillo is an example of a possible solution. This technique was used on a short section where flow from Arrastre Canyon crosses Bowen Ranch Rd. and again where flow to Rock Springs crosses the roadway.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I-15 Construction

Rick 1070August 23, 2004 04:42PM

Re: I-15 Construction

Rick 538August 23, 2004 04:43PM

Paul P. 566August 24, 2004 12:49PM

LaughingBear 593August 24, 2004 05:45PM

Paving Bowen Ranch Rd.?

mojavegreen 994August 25, 2004 06:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login