Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Another helicopter rescue

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 18, 2004 12:35AM
Just came back from the springs. It was a pretty adventurous day. At around 4 PM
we saw a helicopter hovering in circles above the DC. It turned out to be another dehydrated hiker. The woman did not look to be out of shape but I question the decision to leave so early. The rescue took place pretty close to the most recent rescue. Ron went up the hill to see if they could use his help. I have to admire the mastery of the pilot as he and his crew risked their lives maneuvering the chopper in strong winds. Every helicopter rescue brings the springs one step closer to permanent closure.

On my way down I again discovered around 40 glass beer bottles. I stashed them along the trail in a large black plastic bag. I could only carry 8 with me, so if you find the bag and feel like helping me, feel free.

There was no merchant today and the Tortoise bus people left pretty early.
At 5 PM the place looked deserted. However, on my way up I was passed by probably
25 night time campers. I do not think their visit is discouraged in any way.

I also have to bitch about wax around the pools. I managed to get some out with my bare hands, but the job is too big for a single person.

In any way, the day was pleasant and relaxing.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Another helicopter rescue

Sam D. 1085July 18, 2004 12:35AM

Re: Another helicopter rescue

Ron 646July 18, 2004 09:36AM

Ron 704July 18, 2004 10:03AM

sycamorelaughing 634July 18, 2004 11:05AM

Sam D. 879July 18, 2004 01:07PM

sycamorelaughing 639July 19, 2004 09:17AM

Rick 625July 19, 2004 10:22AM

Paul P. 1209July 19, 2004 01:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login