All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 26, 2004 02:45PM
The actions or nonactions of these agencies have created conflict in the area. The BLM did not communicate with the OHV community about the use of J1299 and therefore, they were under the belief that they had a right to use that trail. The BLM suddenly changed the status of J1299. The BLM did not handle the public meeting process very well with regard to J1299 resulting in conflicting groups and highly charged emotions and opinions.

This left the citizens on the ground in a real conflict between two groups. I agree that the comments made in the article by Ty Davis were very threatening. This is a wild west situation where real citizens' lives are at risk. It didn't need to happen.

As a result Laughingbear felt threatened enough to carry a gun as he went out to talk to some of these people. Carrying a gun is a double edged sword as we know. I have no knowledge of how these conversations are handled by either party so I can not say to what extent they are confrontational. However, Laughingbear is carrying a gun.

I have been very concerned about the booby traps and not knowing how they got there and knowing someone who did find one, of course I have been cautious. Whoever did these booby traps is a very dangerous person. I was told there was an ongoing investigation by the BLM.

But look at how this conflict was created and by whom. What is their purpose? Look who has responsiblity to lessen conflict and to provide adequate law enforcement. I think what is needed is a series of public meetings about these issues to hash it all out. We also need random enforcement focused on OHV activities and public education.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The reality of political influence

katrina island 1002May 23, 2004 02:36PM

Re: The reality of political influence

LaughingBear 632May 23, 2004 03:42PM

sycamorelaughing 613May 23, 2004 03:47PM

Arizona Mike 638May 25, 2004 11:35AM

LaughingBear 563May 23, 2004 04:48PM

katrina island 564May 26, 2004 02:45PM

LaughingBear 628May 26, 2004 04:37PM

katrina island 579May 28, 2004 12:24AM

LaughingBear 1033May 28, 2004 08:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.