Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (87% of Full)

Advanced

Re: The reality of political influence

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 23, 2004 03:47PM
Katrina, you say:
"Since we have to share our public lands with all user groups, I think you will get alot farther if you work cooperatively with these user groups. I believe that your confrontational style actually resulted in an increase of OHV damage probably just to spite you."

To whom are you addressing this? Friends of Juniper Flats? On what do you base your belief in a "confrontational style"?? Why would you assume that we (or whomever you are addressing this to) does not work cooperatively with user groups? You are not a member of FOJF, have attended no meetings (not even the meetings with the BLM), and can only base such assumptions on the newspaper article and postings here.

If you read the article, you may have noticed that all the "confrontation" came from members of the OHV community, who declared "war" and claimed that they would ride wherever they want, legally or not. Surely you don't believe that bogus claim that members of our group engaged in "sabotage" of trails??

Friends of Juniper Flats does work cooperatively with all user groups, and with the BLM and USFS as well.

Your suggestions on grant writing are well-taken, and I appreciate the comments. However, I think that "voluntary compliance" will only come after some serious enforcement of the rules.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The reality of political influence

katrina island 1002May 23, 2004 02:36PM

LaughingBear 632May 23, 2004 03:42PM

sycamorelaughing 613May 23, 2004 03:47PM

Arizona Mike 638May 25, 2004 11:35AM

LaughingBear 563May 23, 2004 04:48PM

katrina island 565May 26, 2004 02:45PM

LaughingBear 628May 26, 2004 04:37PM

katrina island 579May 28, 2004 12:24AM

LaughingBear 1033May 28, 2004 08:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.