All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 03, 2004 10:29PM
Last weekend on Saturday, the day of our DCV meeting, Ron and I went downstream from DCHS along the PCT to the first canyon on the south side of Deep Creek, a canyon commonly referred to by locals as " Family Canyon ". The word through the grapevine is that Scott had a camp set up there with tent. Apparently the latest is that Scott has removed his tent since the USFS has become aware of his camping there. Ron and I found an area of very recent camping carved out in the trees of that canyon. We figured it was the spot Scott was camping since we found one of Vet Eds clay heads that he makes on the ground, Scott had been selling these at the hotsprings. At the camp site was still pots and pans, grill, fire pit, a couple of bags of what looks to be aluminum cans which Scott is also known to be collecting. These items should not be left at that site, they are trash. Scott really needs to clean up that area but wether he will or not, remains to be seen. Regarding this dam, for one, the first big winter rains that come along will destroy a simple log and sandbag dam like that in a flash, and the sand bags will then become trash somewhere down stream. I have visited many areas down stream from DCHS and the refuse of visitation to the springs ends up in many cases as trash along the creek, downstream. Also I would well imagine that a sand bag dam would not be looked on favorably by the USFS rangers, they would most likely have it removed. Glad to hear that Scott seems to have stoped his vending at the springs. That remote beautiful environment should be free of the commercial selling environments that we must tolerate in the cities. Plus Scott was keeping his tent which he sold stuff out of in the same place, all the time, giving other visitors no opportunity to use that nice flat spot of shade. Various folks deciding to make DCHS a sort of temorary residence have come and gone. Hopefully Scott will consider the sentiments of many who do not want to see any commercial displays at these springs, or see parts of it being occupied as a temporary place to live, which usually tends to degrade the area to some extent.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Merchant of DCHS, ... (the continuing escapades)

Arizona Mike 1060May 03, 2004 06:34PM

Re: Merchant of DCHS, ... (the continuing escapades)

Wizard 574May 03, 2004 10:29PM

Duane 518May 04, 2004 01:46AM

Rick 896May 04, 2004 02:55PM

Arizona Mike 564May 04, 2004 09:37AM

Rick 593May 04, 2004 02:57PM

Re: Merchant of DCHS, and Lonny

celtfire 589May 05, 2004 02:36AM

Wizard 676May 04, 2004 09:53PM

Merchant of DCHS

katrina island 983May 05, 2004 02:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login