Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Re: Adios Deep Creek

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 01, 2001 07:35AM
East Bay, I fully understand what you mean (see my elongated post under CAR VANDALISM). Incidents of crime happen everywhere in society, not just Deep Creek. But usually there is some form of authority that can arrive at the scene quickly. I will still go to Deep Creek, but now only during the week and without my kids. Most of the other hot springs and/or nude recreation areas I visit have a closer proximity to law enforcement should problems arise. Both Blacks Beach and San Onofre, clothing optional beaches have seasonal lifeguards, as well as patrols by State park Rangers. Hot Springs in Imperial Valley have periodic BLM ranger visits. Even the springs along Kern River and in the Mammoth area have higher perceived safety.

I realize Deep Creek may be more isolated and distant for help to arrive should it be needed. On the flip side, that's part of it's charm. But it just seems to me there is little or no cordination among responsible agencies. Given all the alleged corruption in the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, I wouldn't trust them to help out. Both BLM and Forest Service appear to be less concerned with people than they are with ensuring their land use plans are established. It just seems like these agencies have written off Deep Creek and are simply ignoring the "lawless" aspects of the area.

As is usually the case, I think each person has to make up his/her own mind about whether to visit Deep Creek or not. So East Bay, I understand your decision. I encourage you to keep in touch here. Change will come to Deep Creek. I'm optimistic it'll be for the public good.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Adios Deep Creek

EastBay 2131October 30, 2001 10:20AM

Rick 754October 30, 2001 03:03PM

katrina 684October 30, 2001 10:46PM

Craig 681October 31, 2001 08:20PM

Paul P. 685November 01, 2001 07:35AM

EastBay 746November 01, 2001 11:44AM

TikiBeachClub 1101November 01, 2001 08:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login