Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Fire Cloud

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 25, 2004 03:23PM
I was just out doing some errands around town here in Apple Valley and as I was driving home I noticed what looks to be a big fire cloud in the direction of Big Bear lake. Could this be a control burn, out of control? It has become quite breezy this afternoon in the high desert and it is warm. I turned on the local channel 9 news at 3PM and have heard no mention of this yet. Just went and took a look at the cloud with my binoculars here at our home. This fire clould is billowing up quite large at this time......... Just heard on Channel nine news that this is a control burn that has gotten out of control. The Big Bear ski slopes are being evacuated. The fire is shown to be somewhat south west of Big Bear lake. The fire has jumped the fire lines at this point. The fire was started as a control burn last night. Today the humidty dropped below levels they expected. I'm sure the afternoon winds are playing a big part in this fire getting out of control. I've seen the exact same thing happen before when I used to work as a forestry firefighter. No information yet on how many acres burned or structures in immediate danger. I have seen pictures of the slopes on the south side of Big Bear lake and by the ski lifts and those mountains in that area are full of Bark Beetle killed pine trees.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fire Cloud

Wizard 1053March 25, 2004 03:23PM

Re: Fire Cloud

Wizard 587March 25, 2004 04:23PM

Wizard 586March 25, 2004 08:27PM

Rick 1043March 25, 2004 10:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login