All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 28, 2004 02:29PM
There is no way I would want the Bowen Ranch road and its offshoots imporved. Katrina I would propose the exact opposite. The road should be rough and the hike long. I have seen California explode with people. The visitors more numerous at the springs. This trend will continue. I my explorations of Hot Springs throughout the US, the easy access hot springs become trashed, destroyed, then closed.

The effort to get to natural hot springs is a great filtering device. Those most likely to trash the place are usually those who dont want to make any effot to get there. Look around elsewhere in the National Forest. The pullouts, the party spots, the easy campsites-- they are trashed. However, when you get away from roads, or you follow rough roads, you will quickly find that the forest is much cleaner.

If anything the hike to Deep Creek Hot Springs should be longer. If we want to look long term, look into what the growth in California is going to do, the development of the Antelope Valley are more and more are commuting, what would close the hot springs due to exceseve human impacts-- making the trail longer to Deep Creek Hot Springs is a very good option. They definatly dont have the money for a full time copy baby sitter out there.

Katrina: by improving the access to the hot springs you are paving the way for more destruction of Deep Creek and its eventual closure. What that place definatly does not need is easier access to the flotsam of society.

To be honest I am amazed you proposed this. Come on: think!!! Or rather: think with wisdom!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Moss Mill Road Investigation

katrina island 1191February 27, 2004 05:51PM

Re: Moss Mill Road Investigation

mojavegreen 759February 27, 2004 06:33PM

Arizona Mike 605February 27, 2004 09:44PM

LaughingBear 601February 27, 2004 09:50PM

sycamorelaughing 1273February 28, 2004 01:49PM

Blue Corn 642February 28, 2004 02:29PM

Blue Corn 729February 28, 2004 02:34PM

What is wrong with that?

katrina island 600February 28, 2004 07:26PM

Re: Public excluded from WEMO

mojavegreen 633March 01, 2004 01:45PM

sycamorelaughing 681March 01, 2004 02:47PM

mojavegreen 1059March 01, 2004 09:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login