Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

itchy red bumps

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 05, 2004 03:33PM
I have enjoyed reading posts from this site over the last 6 months. I have enjoyed hotspringing since the 1960's and have been to most of the hot springs in Calif., Baja, and Idaho. I even have black and white photos of deep creek with the date l962. One of these I gave to Mike Castro a few years ago and he has it on his wall. There are no trees or aniv. pool.
I am writing to say that ten years ago my three brothers and I revisted the Sespe hot springs (our Dad took us their in the 60's). We camped and soaked for 3 days and all of us complained of severely itchy red bumps that were worse than flea or mosquito bites and lasted for a week. It was so bad that we have never returned. Of the many hot springs I've been in this has never happened before or since. I've seen 2 inch long leeches in the Tub in the long valley when the water was to hot to get in.
I suspect there is some type of parasite or protozoa that can infest warm water that stagnates and isn't washed out by a fresh flow. It was autum that time at the Sespe hot springs and the Sespe river was dry. I would assume that after a good winter wash out deep creek will be clean again.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

itchy red bumps

Hugh 1928February 05, 2004 03:33PM

Re: itchy red bumps

Wizard 646February 05, 2004 07:58PM

Re: itchy red bumps

Rick 1115February 05, 2004 08:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login