All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 10, 2003 12:13AM
What we hot springers need to do, is write the USFS higher-ups to persuade them to open the hot springs now, not 3 and half months from now. This closure thing doesn't make any sense to me.

My beef is that the area of the forest near the hot springs was not affected by the recent fires, and so why should they (USFS) close the hot springs? Their counter point was that they do not want anyone entering the forest and hiking into the burned areas of the forest that could then be injured. My answer to that is, everyone going through the Bowen Ranch or wherever is hiking directly to the hot springs and have no intentions of hiking into burned areas of the forest. The hot springs was miles away from where the fires were.

If the USFS doesn't want anyone going into the affected areas of the forest, then they should post signage to that affect at the hot springs and along the Pacific Crest Trail. Write the USFS and file a complaint about the closure.

Those to write to would be:

Ken Harp kharp@fs.fed.us

Allison Stewart astewart01@fs.fed.us

Gina Thompson gthompson04@fs.fed.us
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Posting at soak.net

Sam D. 1247December 08, 2003 05:24PM

Re: Posting at soak.net

Paul P. 668December 09, 2003 10:28AM

LaughingBear 663December 09, 2003 10:47AM

Arizona Mike 575December 10, 2003 12:13AM

LaughingBear 1216December 10, 2003 08:11AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login